Saturday, January 19, 2008

Looking for new blogs?

Sometimes I come across the most marvellous blogs. Blogs that take me to a totally different universe, where I forget everything around me.

This is often due to the fantastic ideas, beautiful things and inspirering writing that are in the blogs.

One of the blogs which has this special kind of magic is Marmeecraft. (I know I have referred to her before, but she deserves all the attention she can get)

First of all the blog simply looks amazing - I'm so fond of Marjorie's art and the way the blog is designed.

Secondly, Marjorie always writes about a lot of interesting stuff. I.e she recently started to make a copy of a dress from the 1840's. And her language and personality!!

I just adore visiting her blog....

Another exciting blog, that I found the other day is Du Buh Du Designs. As well as Marmeecraft this blog also has the most wonderful handmade dolls. The artist Christine is so talented.....The expressions on the tiny ladies' faces are simply breathtaking - at least I think so...

Dolls at Du Buh Du Designs

Actually the rest of us are so lucky, that both blog owners have an etsy shop.

You can find Marmeecraft's shop here and Du Buh Du Designs' here.

I hope you will enjoy their blogs if you take the time to see them. They sure get my best recommandations...

7 comments:

  1. Det er lige præcis der det går galt for mig om aftenen, hvor jeg sidder og kigger på den ene håndarbejdsside efter den anden + hvad man ellers finder af spændende ting. Men sådan fandt jeg jo også din ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful! I love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ja, det er jo det der kan være frygtelig fængende, Gitte...men jeg er glad for at din surfen bragte dig min vej :0)

    I think so too, cakespy. They are absolutely adoring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lækre dukker og skønne nye links, tak for dem, Ulla!

    Jeg bliver så utroligt inspireret, når jeg futter rundt ude på det store internet, bliver halv-stresset over alt det, som jeg gerne vil nå at lave, for der dukker jo hele tiden nyt op :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Det var da så lidt!
    Jeg kan godt genkende den lettere stressende fornemmelse,Anne....der er så mange fantastiske ideer, som jeg aldrig havde forestillet mig kunne udføres.Og hvordan kan man forvandle alle de skønne indtryk til noget helt eget - inden nye kommer til?? En kunst at udføre, men også aldeles fantastisk!!!

    Jeg holder meget af "skæve" personer med anderledes tankegange. Dem som falder lidt udenfor den vante ramme, men som alligevel føles så gode og geniale. Sådan er Marmeecraft...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ulla! Thank you soo much for mentioning my dolls~I'm so glad you like them and I'm so glad I found this site!! I'm adding a link from your blog to mine so that I can visit often and others who visit my site can link to yours. Your kids clothes are adorable!!
    ~Christine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much to you as well, Christine, and for stopping by.

    I'm so amazed by your wonderful dolls...I don't know how you can make them so alive!! And the clothes they wear...Lovely.

    I have allready added you - thanks for adding me!

    Ulla :0)

    ReplyDelete

I - read - and - enjoy - every - single - comment - and - try - to - respond - to - it - as - soon - as - possible.

Thanks - a - lot . . . I - really - appriciate - it.