I'm making a dress for Sarah. I cut out the parts for the dress some days ago, but the pockets were cut yesterday.
It took me some time to figure out which fabrics I wanted to use. Finally I decided on some Gingham and a couple of other ones.
It was important to me that any prints on the fabrics were small. Otherwise it could easily be too notable and overwhealming.
The pockets in the photos are not the total amount, there are 3 more. 5 are going to be sewn in front of the dress and the rest on the back.
I had an idea about embroidering Cathy's sweet Petting Zoo Party embroidery on 3 of the pockets. I'm really exited to see how it turns out in the end, but so far I'm satisfied with it.
I can't remember whether I told you before, but the 3 girls in the embroidery pattern are actually drawings of Cathy's own daughters. It's such a sweet and fine idea.