Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Tiny hats for Haiti

I have always been fascinated by the work of charity I have met through blogging - especially in the USA. It's an amazing way to assist people who need a helping hand in one way or the other. For a long time I have thought about joining a charity project, but haven't found the right one untill today....

At Cathy Gaubert's blog I read about the tee to cap project, in which you make caps for newborn babies in Haiti from your t-shirts or any kind of cotton jersey. Amanda from Soulemama was the one who came up with the idea to make these tiny caps. If you want to know more about making the caps have a look at this... I will hopefully soon be starting and after a good period of time I ought to have some caps ready.......ready to fit tiny heads in Haiti.

2 comments:

  1. Det var dog en GOD idé! Vi smider så mange lækre stykker tøj ud, som sagtens ville kunne tjene til et godt formål! Der er måske et hul i ærmet eller en plet på, så man ikke vil give det til genbrug... JEg skal ihvertfald lige gå igennem tøjbunken med aflagt tøj igen!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeg synes også, at det var så godt et initiativ at det skal prøves. Du har ret i at alt for meget godt stof går til spilde pga. små "fejl".

    Jeg er spændt på at se dine huer ;0)

    ReplyDelete

I - read - and - enjoy - every - single - comment - and - try - to - respond - to - it - as - soon - as - possible.

Thanks - a - lot . . . I - really - appriciate - it.