Sunday, November 09, 2008

Apron dress

Do you remember this kind of apron dress??

I certainly do...my mother has kept a tiny apron dress in white and blue stripes and with a little red ric rac trim. My sister and I wore the apron when we were kids.

The model has always been a favourite of mine - I adore the crossed pieces at the back - by up untill now I haven't been able to find a pattern.

But now I did! It's from a wonderful French sewing book I have - it contains patterns for the kind of childrens' clothes which I love.

All the models in the book are elegant and very simple looking - not too many things to disturb the eye. That's an important thing for me when I make clothes for children. I think that too many details and too big motifs on the fabric, make the child, who wears the piece of clothes, "disappear".

I made the apron dress reversible and with a pocket on one side. Reversible in order not to have loads of bias tape on the dress.

It has red and white stripes on the other side, and if you want to see that, you can have a little look at my flickr photostream.

I sewed on the 4 buttons on the shoulders in the same holes...2 and 2 (I hope you know what I mean by that - I don't know how else to explain it!!)

More apron dresses to come in the future...that's for sure!

8 comments:

  1. Hvor er det fint - dit lille forklæde.
    Sød detalje med det stribede som for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gisp - jeg havde fuldstændigt glemt den slags kjoler, og dit skønne eksemplar får mig til at tænke på den lille Ida fra Emil fra Lønneberg.... nårrrhh, hvor er hun og din lille kjole bare nuttet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! great stuff!

    please please tell me the name of the book... I am sure my parents can find it for me.
    juju

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mange tak, Gitte :0)

    Jeg har altid så godt kunnet lide mælkedrengestrib i alle mulige farver..og det passede lige til.

    ...........

    Du har helt ret, Rosanna og mange tak. Jeg kan også se Ida suse rundt på Katholt i den slags tøj. Hun var da den smukkeste lille pige...

    ..........

    Thanks a lot, chickpea! The book is French and is called "Intemporels pour bébe".
    Did you get my flickrmail about the pattern on the tiny trousers?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nej, hvor er den sød - og jeg er ret vild med den stribede side også! :) Jeg syede sådan en til Frida for et stykke tid siden, men det var modellen med de lange baner skråbånd... ;) En af de fantastiske ting ved den er, at den passer i evigheder, fordi den tager form efter bæreren. Så har man lang tids glæde af den! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did get it...I think?

    The one where you said that yes you'll send it and I answered size 12 months?

    ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1000 tak, Astrid :0)

    Det er en dejlig model - starter ud som "kjole" og ender sine dage som top/forklæde. Jeg bifalder virkelig også når modeller kan bruges over længere tid. Specielt når man tænker på hvor hurtigt mindre børn vokser ud af deres tøj ;0)

    ............

    Haha, chickpea!!

    That's the one...I asked because I never seemed to get the answer and your adress ;0)
    I will write you an email :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love it! My mother had one of these!

    ReplyDelete

I - read - and - enjoy - every - single - comment - and - try - to - respond - to - it - as - soon - as - possible.

Thanks - a - lot . . . I - really - appriciate - it.