Do you remember the yellow & purple numbers I were making a loooong time ago??
They have finally become something - they have been made into 2 pillows. From the very start I had a very special purpose which I wanted to use them for.
I made my own test to see whether the fabric and colours were okay with the recipient - without her knowing of course - and then I started.
The biggest issue in this project was to find the right pillows to put inside the cushion covers. I searched high and low for them for ages and ages, but I never managed to get them. I could have stuffed the pillow cases with cotton batting but I wanted to use feathers, and that made the whole thing a bit more difficult.
2 pillows in this size - 40 centimetres x 60 centimetres - had to be turned into the size I needed (30 x 50). I used my sewing machine to minimize them and then I started cutting. Oh my!! There were SO many feathers in my kitchen! No matter how careful I did the transformation they kept flying around - tickling my nose.
At last I finished the project. That does happen to me sometimes, you see....