Monday, June 20, 2011

Measuring tape


The lovely ceramic items from Laila Stenderup were not the only things I had to bring home from Det Smukkeste Marked on Skals Håndarbejdsskole - or Skals Højskole for design og håndarbejde as the school has been renamed last autumn.

Every year they make the most gorgeous embroidery kits for the exhibition - like this one which I made a long time ago.


This summer I picked a year linen napkin in white, with the number 11 to be embroidered on it. (Last year there was a number 10 napkin and next year a number 12).
And I also got a magnificent linen napkin kit with a cool measuring tape to be made on it.

Both kits have already had each of their the motifs transfered on to them, and the kits come with the necessary floss, a needle and of course a piece of paper, which tells you which stitches and colours to use.

I love to start on a kit like that - no preparations from my side at all. I just have to read the description and begin the embroidery...so easy and so convenient.


4 comments:

  1. Glæder mig til at se det færdige resultat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mange tak, Heidi. :)) Jeg er altså helt vild med det målebånd. Ideérne er virkelig gode og mange på håndarbejdsskolen, og det er altid en fornøjelse at se deres arbejde. :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have me drooling on the meter tape ! i'd love to make something like that !! is it available soemwhere online to buy ?

    again, Ulla, you're one of my favorite embroiderer & I love your choices more than I can ever tell !

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so sweet, Valerie. Thanks a lot for the kind words. :))

    I LOVE this too. Sadly it's only available from the market at Skals Håndarbejdsskole. :(

    They make a new embroidery-kit every year and I'm always exited to see what they come up with. I have never not liked their stuff. :))

    ReplyDelete

I - read - and - enjoy - every - single - comment - and - try - to - respond - to - it - as - soon - as - possible.

Thanks - a - lot . . . I - really - appriciate - it.