Thursday, June 24, 2010

I got mail! Lovely mail....


Today I got such a fantastic surprise.

I have been following Julia's blog "Aalerusen" for a long time - actually ever since I started blogging.
Immediately I fell for Julia's way of writing, and it's always a pleasure to read about her life and her family. Besides that, Julia is amazing with needles and yarn. She makes a lot of fabulous things - one more stunning than the other.

Some days ago I entered Julia's "just because" giveaway. She wanted to give the most beautiful shawl to one of her readers - just because she felt like it, and for no other reason.

When I read her blog this morning, I found out that I had won the shawl and it was already in the mail!! What a surprise...and a very, very good one as well.

A little while ago it knocked on my door, and the package with the shawl was here.

It was a pleasure unwrapping it and to read the sweet letter Julia had written for me.

The shawl is so soft and extremely beautiful. The lace pattern looks brilliant and I wonder how it is possible to knit in that way. (I know that I would get lost in counting stitches!) Julia has spun the yarn herself and I'm delighted and honoured to have such a fine and handmade shawl.

I already know that I will enjoy wearing it on a cold summer evening....and on windy autumn days.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, what an amazing gift. Just when I think I have plumbed the depths of knitterly kindness, someone shows me that there are ocean trenches even deeper down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right, Elizabeth. Knitting seems to have so many ways of expressing itself. And so many talented people turn yarn into little wonders.

    And this shawl is a wonder. I'm so thrilled about it. :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hvor er det smukt - jeg kan godt forstå, du er begejstret!
    Det var da en helt fantastisk gave at få.

    ReplyDelete

I - read - and - enjoy - every - single - comment - and - try - to - respond - to - it - as - soon - as - possible.

Thanks - a - lot . . . I - really - appriciate - it.