Thursday, January 15, 2009

Meet "FRÖKEN SKICKLIG"

Since my camera is off to Sweden for the next four days, it gives me the right opportunity to write about a wonderful and very sweet artist I recently "met" here in cyberspace... Very generously Juliane let me show some of her amazing work on my blog. I really think you should have the chance to see it - if you don't know it allready!

Photo from http://frokenskicklig.blogspot.com/

Juliane is an actress and a puppeteer. She lives in Sweden and in Berlin where she also has her very own label called "FRÖKEN SKICKLIG".

This label she uses for making her own dolls.

I have never ever seen as gorgeous dolls as the ones Juliane creates. Truely!!! So many fine details make them very special and they almost come alive...

A little mushroom in the doll's pocket...

Photo from http://frokenskicklig.blogspot.com/

The finest hair with happy plaits...

Photo from http://frokenskicklig.blogspot.com/

Dimples on the elbows and knees...

Photo from http://frokenskicklig.blogspot.com/

And a tiny bellybutton....

Photo from http://frokenskicklig.blogspot.com/

....are all factors which make a huge difference when it comes to creating a personality for a doll, if you ask me. All those magnificent things are a part of Juliane's dolls.

Just the kind of doll I would be thrilled to give my daughter if she was some what younger than seventeen...

In the middle of February Juliane will open an esty shop and one on Dawanda. But you don't have to wait that long to have a closer look at her beautiful work - her blog is definitely worth stopping by....

Photo from http://frokenskicklig.blogspot.com/

11 comments:

  1. I adore the details of that beautiful doll! Simply exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful dolls, I think I would like one for myself. I love their expressions and wonderful clothes--wouldn't those outfits look lovely on a child? Thank you for posting the link to her blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Åh! Noko så nydelig!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Normally I'm not really into dolls but I must admit that it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are SO beautiful – i love them! Thanx for the link! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So do I, Christy! Isn't it amazing what a fine expression it has? I can't wait to see Juliane's etsy shop :0)

    ...............

    My pleasure, Donna :0) You are right about the clothes - it's very nice and I could easily see the clothes in a child's size :0)

    ..............

    Det er en rigtig fin dukke, Bea og jeg er også helt vild alle de små detaljer så som de hæklede svampe :0)

    .............

    It sure is, Claudia and I think it's because it's pretty without being too much, if you know what I mean? Many dolls are far too dolly with makeup and the likes of it!!

    ..............

    No problem, Helle :0) I thought that Juliane's dolls was a pleasure to write about. They are so special... :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tack så mycket, kära Ulla! Det var så fint vad Du skrev! Du har gjort nu så mycket reklam att Fröken Skicklig måste sitta hela dagen bakom symaskinen - annars blir det inget med Etsy och Dawanda ;-) Kramkram


    I really appreciate all your comments here! I just love the clothes Ulla designs for children and was overwhelmed by this post. And I guess Ulla and me will match well with our spring lines after we ordered the same fabrics with dots and birds ;-)

    Looking forward to welcoming you as my guests in my shop in february!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Faaaaaantastisk link! Hvor er de bare smuuuuukke!!!
    :-) Britt

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for introducing me to these delightful dollies and their maker!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Det var bestemt min fornøjelse, Juliane og tak fordi jeg måtte skrive lidt om dig og dine fantastiske dukker :0))

    Jeg håber, at du ikke får alt for travlt bag symaskinen - gid du får tid til at slappe af. Hav det nu rigtig godt :0)

    Mange hilsner
    Ulla

    .............

    Velbekomme, Britt - det er altid rart med nyt og spændende...
    De er nemlig bare helt utrolige de dukker - lige min stil :0)

    ................

    It was my pleasure, Nikki and I'm happy that you like the dolls and sweet Juliane :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What lovely, detailed touches--a reminder to me that yes, the details are worth the trouble because--well that's where the magic is.

    ReplyDelete

I - read - and - enjoy - every - single - comment - and - try - to - respond - to - it - as - soon - as - possible.

Thanks - a - lot . . . I - really - appriciate - it.