Tuesday, May 04, 2010

For my new spring coat

For my new spring coat, originally uploaded by lille-ursus.

I need a new coat for the windy spring days and cold summer evenings.

I have always loved stripes, and stripes it was. I really wanted the fabric to look in a different way - the bottom was supposed to be navy blue and the stripes white. But that combination was nowhere to be found on the day I needed it....

For now I have red buttons, but I can't make up my mind whether it is going to be another color. Orange or yellow could be cool too. Or purple.

A pattern has not been found yet, either. I'm still searching.....roughly I  know what I want. And I do have a couple of patterns in reserve should I not find what I want.

The length of the coat is going to be no longer than to my knees, I don't want a hat on it, I want pockets and some other funny details.



6 comments:

  1. Lyder spændende...jeg har stof liggende klar til yngstebarnets forårsjakke, men som du mangler jeg også grund-idéen til den helt rigtige jakke....men, jeg nærmer mig :-)

    Jeg glæder mig til at se dit resultat.

    kh
    Trine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kære Ulla

    Der ser SKØNT ud i mit hoved bliver det såddan lidt en Irma pige Jakke, jeg er helt klart til gule knapper og store halvrunde lommer i stormønstret gult stof??

    Glæder mig til at se den.

    KH

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kære Ulla

    forsvandt min kommentar mon?

    Det ser super SKØNT ud i mit hoved ser jeg en irmapige jakke for mig med store gule vintage knapper og store halvrunde lommer med mønstret gult stof ;-)

    Glæder mig til at se resultatet.

    KH

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look forward to seeing the coat when you finally find the right pattern, or one of the reserves...I love the red buttons. I'd love to make a nice coat for myself too but haven't seen any pattern the "grabs me". It has to be just right, doesn't it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bright red buttons will be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://www.indygojunctioninc.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=232

    You might like this Trench Topper or it may already be on your list. There are lots of variations. Worth taking a look at the reviews on Pattern Review for extra info. Happy Sewing!

    ReplyDelete

I - read - and - enjoy - every - single - comment - and - try - to - respond - to - it - as - soon - as - possible.

Thanks - a - lot . . . I - really - appriciate - it.