Friday, January 06, 2012

Old patterns for a new year


Just before Christmas I were lucky to get some old knitting magazines from a very sweet woman. She had been cleaning up her cellar and came across them. What a treasures they were - and what a great thing that she thought of me instead of throwing them away!
There were lots and lots of wonderful patterns, all presented by little chubby babies.
And they have become modern again, the patterns that is. There were some which are to be knitted and some to crochet.

The magazines were published sometime in the late 70ties and I just love the fact, that I remember seing some clothes made by similar recipes in my own childhood. (Worn by babies, of course).

Starting off the new year with old inspiration is absolutely marvellous. It doesn't always have to be brand new ideas.

I hope that you all had a gorgeous holiday time with your loved ones.
I certainly did - it was busy but so nice...

2 comments:

  1. Sometime older patterns can look really fab in a fresh modern colourway. I love the green dress with the little dolls on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree, Victoria. Old pattern often tend to have such cool details too.
    That little dress is also one of my favourites. It has been knitted in only one or 2 pieces. :)
    And the pink hat with the round things by the ears is lovely as well. I must try them out. :)

    ReplyDelete

I - read - and - enjoy - every - single - comment - and - try - to - respond - to - it - as - soon - as - possible.

Thanks - a - lot . . . I - really - appriciate - it.