Friday, February 08, 2008

Telephone bags and eggwarmers

I must admit that I'm a big fan of beautiful, wonderful and a bit crazy ideas.... My Swedish chicks went home with me in my suitcase because of that. ....And the pictures I used to paint of sheep with Chinese, French, Danish, English and Swedish words in their wool.

Or these absolutely fantastic telephone bags made by hine from flickr.

I guess you could say that I have a childish mind. I know that is why I keep buying fabrics with swimming fish, crazy monkies, crawling ants and the likes of it....

And why I keep loving figurines like this breathtaking, wondering angel made by the Norweigian artist Lena Dybdal .

I try to take good care of that crazy, curious, playing child inside of me - when I no longer have that.....well, then I think my mind will stop givning me new ideas. And the need to explore the fantastic things and thoughts which other people create, will be gone as well.

Luckily it is that weird urge of mine, that makes me want to buy these warm little fellows.....They are knitted by an artist called Lorraine Linton from Edinburgh. (By the way - they can be bought here at "Papa Stuor" if anyone feels the need!!!)

So many, many amazing thoughts turn out to be a whole lot of happy, beautiful things.....and they are all for us to enjoy.....I love it!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Kære Ulla,
    Tusind tak - både for awarden og for roserne i dit indlæg. Må tilstå at det første jeg gør når jeg kommer hjem fra arbejde, er at kigge på din hjemmeside.
    Jeg glæder mig allerede til at vi skal opleve OL håndbold "sammen".

    Er også vild med de norske engle. Der er et eller andet over dem, incl. de "spøjse bryster" der nærmest peger nedad.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Åh, ja hvad sker der lige for mig!! Jeg har slet ikke din søde kommentar, som jeg faktisk ellers blev så utrolig glad for!!
    1000 tak, Gitte - du læses også dagligt af mig :0)

    Tænk hvilke højder vi kan nå, når vi sammen skal se OL!!!! Jeg er sikker på det nok skal blive underholdene på alle måder...

    Jeg så de smukke engle på "Hjertet på vrangen" (tror jeg)- der kunne man bedre se deres skønne former...stod de hos mig ville de gøre mig glad, hver eneste gang mit blik faldt på dem!!

    ReplyDelete

I - read - and - enjoy - every - single - comment - and - try - to - respond - to - it - as - soon - as - possible.

Thanks - a - lot . . . I - really - appriciate - it.